Tea Thyme

Sit back and relax. Remember when you were a child and the living was easy. Where you didn't have to worry about bills, car payments, or the stock market crisis. Back when you ran outside at dusk and caught lightening bugs. Before political correctness took away cops and robbers, and cowboys and Indians.
You'll meet my family--or a reasonable facsimile thereof, some small town characters, and we'll even share some old fashioned herbal lore.
So, have a seat, get a cup of tea, and relax in that vanishing world--small town America.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My son, the poet

My son, began creative writing when he was in 5th or 6th grade. Some of his poetry, I think, is quite good, and will post a bit of it here for your enjoyment.

Check All That Apply
I stare down the page
At the desolation before me.
A single sentence stares back at me.
Choose your fields of interest. (Check all that apply)

How do I tell someone I'll never see
About all the dreams inside of me
And what it is I want to be
At some school I'll never see inside of. (Check all that apply)

Square boxes make an even row
Lining up the left side of the page.
Find one that'll do, stretch it to fit you,
Or till you fit it. (Check all that apply)

How do you explain to a piece of paper
That you want to tweak life's nose,
Shake his hand, ruffle his hair,
Pat his back and send him on his way. (Check all that apply)

Suddenly it came to me,
An idea to set me free,
My pen moved feverishly
From agriculture to zoology. (I checked all that apply)

No comments: